Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Creation

Obviously, I wasn't there when the universe was formed.  In fact, the explanation for creation that I personally believe in does not place humans on this earth until much, much, after the earth's creation.  However, I do find it easier to believe in the scientific explanation for creation than the ones shared by Native American tribes or The Old Testament.  This is simply for the sheer fact that I am the type of person that finds it easier to wrap my head around scientific explanations for life that have been tested and studied (The Big Bang, theory of evolution, etc) than something that people believe based on faith.  Scientists have studied and seen species evolve and change over time and have used a lot of their findings to make medical advancements and learn a lot more about the world around us.  Personally, this is what makes sense to me.  However, I do respect those who have a faith based view of creation, and I do acknowledge that part of my view on creation is probably a reflection on where I come from.  The people I was raised around and raised by, for the most part, valued scientific explanations above faith based explanations, and that definitely shaped who I am today as an adult.

No comments:

Post a Comment